Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Design Wall Weekend #1

Christina's Salsa quilt (in progress)
I don't know about you, but I generally have too much on my design wall... and sometimes the things that are up aren't what I'm currently working on!  Not only am I working on finishing up my Salsa Quilt, I have my Waterfall colorplay quilt, my little "Waiting" piece, and fabric to start a piece for the Outdoor "Salsa in the Sun" show.  I guess if they're up on my wall, I don't really count them as a UFO... which implies that you've sort of given up on it.

By the way, I'm just finishing up my tutorial on "True Triangles", the freemotion quilting design which I've created for the Chili Pepper block.  Check back on Sunday (April 7) to see the video tutorial!

So, what do you have on your design wall?   By the way, if you don't yet have your own design wall, click here for a great tutorial on how to make one for yourself from Quilts by Jen.   I'm looking forward to seeing all sorts of inspiring blogs for our kick-off blog party link up!

What kind of blogs should link up?

I think that it's best to have content that matches the content and interests served with the blog that's hosting the party, so please only link up if your blog post is about any of the following:
  • Quilting and fabrics 
  • Fiber art of any kind
  • Hand & machine stitch or embroidery
  • Mixed media art
  • Book-making, art journals, and sketchbooks
  • Tutorials for any quilting, fiber, mixed media, sketchbook and other arts
  • These can be works in progress or finishes

Rules for the blog linking party

  • If you follow my blog, I'll follow yours!  PLEASE make sure to comment and tell me you're following, and I'll visit and  follow yours too.)
  • Please take the time to visit other links, everyone loves new visitors and comments!  Try to comment on at least two other blogs in the party.
If you would like to add a button to your blog you can copy the code which is below my buttons and add it as a gadget on the layout page of your blog. Here is a tutorial on how to do it.



Other Great Blogs To Check Out:

Sara's Creative Jewish Mom's Crafting Weekend - wonderful crochet projects!

Sew Many Ways

5 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, I'm following your blog- you are very talented and I love your salsa quilt! Follow me back if you want-
    http://www.marylandquilter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie... just checked out your blog and have subscribed to it. Looking forward to seeing more of your modern quilts!

      Delete
  2. Your Salsa Quilt looks invredible on you brown background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lise- your comment sort of surprised me... but when I look back at the photo, I can see that the background does appear brown. It's actually a black background batik with red/yellow/orange little sunbursts. Funny how our eye can see color combinations differently, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by! Christina

      Delete
  3. My usual wavy parallel lines might be a little too boring with so much open space.

    ReplyDelete